An inventory count sheet template is used by a business to record the results of a physical inventory count at the end of an accounting period.
Inventory includes raw materials, work in process (WIP), and finished products, further details of which can be found in our inventory tutorials.
In use, the inventory count sheets are sequentially numbered and issued to the person carrying out the physical count by a responsible member of staff.
Details Recorded on the Inventory Sheet
For each inventory sheet the following details are recorded:
- Sequential sheet number
- Department where inventory is located. (e.g. warehouse)
- Name of the person carrying out the physical count.
- The reference (sku) number relating to the inventory item.
- A description of the inventory item
- The physical quantity counted.
- The location of the inventory item (e.g. bay 4)
- Signature of the person carrying out the count.
- The date the count took place
The PDF file available for download below, will help you to produce your own inventory count sheets.
Blank Inventory Count Sheet Template Free Download
The blank inventory count sheet template is available for download in PDF format by following the link below.
Users use this free inventory count sheet example at their own risk. We make no warranty or representation as to its accuracy and we are covered by the terms of our legal disclaimer, which you are deemed to have read. This is an example of stock inventory sheet that you might use. It is purely illustrative. This is not intended to reflect general standards or targets for any particular company or sector. If you do spot a mistake in the simple inventory sheet, please let us know and we will try to fix it.